YPT’s Pizza Adventures continue! On Tuesday, April 17, HomeMade Pizza Company’s Logan Circle location generously sponsored YPT’s third pizza fundraiser, donating part of proceeds from all sales of large pizzas, salads, breadsticks and gift cards for the entire day to support the New Play Festival (they even opened two hours earlier than usual for our event!)
Our pizza party on Tuesday was, in fact, an adventure, but with a delicious happy ending. Upon arrival at HomeMade we discovered their unique business model = no ovens (note to self: thoroughly research all pizza places before arrival). HomeMade offers a unique spin on “homemade pizza” by selling pre-made pizzas, breadsticks and desserts that you bring home and cook in your own oven, to capture that just-made taste without having to go out and buy all the ingredients. Luckily, they also had a variety of delicious salads, so YPT’s afternoon break became a salad break (my Cabo Salad was topped with delicious avocado slices and honey-lime dressing, while other staff members sampled a pear and goat cheese salad and their aptly-named “Big Salad”).
Yet, intrigued by this concept, I stopped by HomeMade after work to pick up a large veggie pizza, snuck it on the metro, and recruited a friend for a pizza party in the comfort of my living room. We stuck it in the oven, and ten minutes later we were enjoying delicious pizza with that “just-made” taste.
- Convenient and tasty! Since the pizzas are put together and packaged as you wait, you get a fresher taste than a frozen pizza without any cooling time in between cooking and delivery, offering that perfect and often unobtainable just-melted cheese taste.
- The veggie pizza was delicious, and they have lots of other specialty pizzas.
- If you do need to grab food on the go, a big thumbs up for the salads.
- Giant cookie-shaped dough to bring home and cook in your oven (or take a risk and eat raw if you can’t wait) … next time!
- HomeMade’s commitment to give back to the community by hosting “four cheese fundraisers” for schools and non-profit organizations. Yum!
And this is it! We only have ONE more pizza party fundraiser to go before the New Play Festival, and it’s tonight!
Join YPT at RedRocks Pizzeria in Columbia Heights for a happy hour as we celebrate the end of pizza party season and the kick-off of the New Play Festival next Monday. RedRocks is a popular neighborhood restaurant with delicious neopolitan-style pizza (European-style thin crust) and they have great happy hour specials for a perfect mid-week pick-me-up – and 30% of happy hour proceeds will go to benefit YPT.
RSVP for our Facebook event here, or just stop by tonight from 5-8pm (friends 21 and older please). We can’t wait to see you there!
So until 5pm tonight … stay hungry!
Development and Producing Associate