We are looking for designs that capture the idea of “Innovation through Arts Education.” The winning design will be announced on November 7, 2011.
Innovation through Arts Education, huh? So what does that mean? As President Barack Obama said in his 2011 State of the Union address, “To win the future, America needs to out-educate, out-innovate, and out-build the rest of the world.” At YPT, we know our students will not “win the future” by correctly answering multiple choice questions on standardized tests. We are committed to teaching our students to innovate, so they’re ready for the challenges of tomorrow, giving them the tools they need to think critically, solve problems creatively and share their ideas clearly with the rest of the world.
As YPT launches our first-ever online store, we are looking for a flagship t-shirt design that captures the message and the promise of “Innovation through Arts Education,” to spread the word about the importance of keeping the arts in the classroom.
Young Playwrights’ Theater teaches students to express themselves clearly and creatively through the art of playwriting.
Through interactive in-school and after-school programs, YPT activates student learning and inspires students to understand the power of language and realize their potential as both individuals and artists. By publicly presenting and discussing student-written work, YPT promotes community dialogue and respect for young artists.
How It Works
- Create a beautiful design that captures YPT’s mission and commitment to Innovation through Arts Education!
- Create a mockup of the t-shirt with your design.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your design, along with this form, with the subject line “YPT T-Shirt Contest”. Submissions are due on Thursday, October 27.
- The YPT staff will choose our three favorite designs and post the finalists on Facebook for a public vote based on number of “likes”!
- The winning design will be sold in YPT’s CafePress store and worn by staff and supporters to promote our Innovation through Arts Education campaign. The winning designer will also receive a free t-shirt featuring his/her design, a feature interview article featuring his/her design work in an upcoming addition of The YPT Wire (reaching 3,000 readers), and front row seats and public recognition from the stage during YPT’s Express Tour Showcase on November 14, 2011.
- Every t-shirt sold will raise $5 for YPT, and help spread the word about the importance of keeping the arts in the classroom.
- Your design must be sent as a vector graphic or actual size JPEG (minimum resolution 300 DPI).
- Designs should complement YPT’s existing branding and support our mission. YPT orange is #F8971D (RGB: 248, 151, 29; CMYK: 0, 48, 100, 0). YPT purple is #5D2070 (RGB: 93, 32, 112; CMYK: 63, 95, 0, 30).
- You may use YPT’s company logo and the Innovation through Arts Education logo within, or as inspiration for your design, but this is not a requirement.
- All designs should be for a white t-shirt. Designs should fit within a square on the chest of the shirt, and no part of the design can be on the sleeves, shoulders or stomach.
- YPT assumes all entries are the work and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein.
- You can submit more than one design, but only one of your designs will be eligible for the final voting round.
- YPT Staff will choose three designs based on originality, effective visualization and communication of “Innovation through Arts Education” and completeness of design.
Have fun innovating!
Communications and Graphic Design Associate